Join the MOI family
Whether you prefer interacting with visitors or artifacts, we offer numerous fun and fulfilling ways to volunteer.
To apply, fill out the form below or stop by MOI to pick up a paper copy.
For more information, contact Amanda (208-522-1400 ext. 3009 or e-mail).
- Gallery Attendant: help visitors to engage with exhibit, and guide them through assigned exhibit areas. Watch for the safety of visitors and museum property.
- Docent: interact with visitors using hands-on, interactive materials at specific stations.
- Safety and Security: secure the building and care for the safety of our artifacts and visitors.
- Tour Guide Docent: lead scheduled tour groups in addition to docent work.
- Store Volunteer: assist with front-desk and store operations, including cashiering and answering the main telephone line.
- Education: support educational programs, staff the Children’s Discovery Room, and assist the Director of Education.
- Curatorial: work with the Curator to identify, catalog, and inventory objects in our archives or collections.
- Marketing & Distribution: help with production and delivery of marketing material.
- Community Involvement: promote the museum and its programs at community events.
- Exhibition: help load exhibits in and out during transition periods.
- Other: got special skills or expertise? Let's talk about how to use them!
Note: all positions require training, and some require more than others.
- Free admission to MOI anytime
- Opportunities to earn extra tickets for family and friends
- 10% off all merchandise in the Museum Store
- Invitation to our annual Volunteer Appreciation Party
- Letters of recommendation, upon request
- Internship or class credit opportunities
- Inclusion in a vibrant volunteer community
- Be 18 or older
- Commit to 3-4 hours per week or a special schedule as arranged with supervisor
- Complete an interview
- Agree to pass a background check
- Attend required training sessions
[ddownload id="3599" text="Download the Application"]