Join the MOI family
Whether you prefer interacting with visitors or artifacts, we offer numerous fun and fulfilling ways to volunteer.
Even if you only have a few hours each month to give back, we have a place for you.
To apply, fill out the form below or stop by MOI to pick up a paper copy.
For more information, contact Amanda (208-522-1400 ext. 3009 or e-mail).
- Gallery Attendant: help visitors to engage with exhibit, and guide them through assigned exhibit areas. Watch for the safety of visitors and museum property.
- Docent: interact with visitors using hands-on, interactive materials at specific stations.
- Safety and Security: secure the building and care for the safety of our artifacts and visitors.
- Tour Guide Docent: lead scheduled tour groups in addition to docent work.
- Store Volunteer: assist with front-desk and store operations, including cashiering and answering the main telephone line.
- Education: support educational programs, staff the Children’s Discovery Room, and assist the Director of Education.
- Curatorial: work with the Curator to identify, catalog, and inventory objects in our archives or collections.
- Marketing & Distribution: help with production and delivery of marketing material.
- Community Involvement: promote the museum and its programs at community events.
- Exhibition: help load exhibits in and out during transition periods.
- Other: got special skills or expertise? Let's talk about how to use them!
Note: all positions require training, and some require more than others.
- Free admission to MOI anytime
- Opportunities to earn extra tickets for family and friends
- 10% off all merchandise in the Museum Store
- Invitation to our annual Volunteer Appreciation Party
- Letters of recommendation, upon request
- Internship or class credit opportunities
- Inclusion in a vibrant volunteer community
- Be 18 or older
- Commit to 3-4 hours per week or a special schedule as arranged with supervisor
- Complete an interview
- Agree to pass a background check
- Attend required training sessions
[ddownload id="3599" text="Download the Application"]