Share your talents, share your joy
Whether you prefer interacting with visitors or artifacts, we offer numerous fun and fulfilling ways to volunteer. Apply here or stop by MOI to pick up a paper copy.
Note: All positions require training, and some require more than others.
- Gallery Attendant: Watch for the safety of visitors and museum property in a specific area. Help visitors navigate to different areas of the museum as desired.
- Docent: Interact with visitors using hands-on, interactive materials at specific stations.
- Safety and Security: Rove throughout the building and watch for the safety of visitors and artifacts.
- Tour Guide Docent: Lead scheduled tour groups in addition to docent work.
- Store Volunteer: Assist with front-desk and store operations, including greeting visitors.
- Education: Support educational programs, staff the Discovery Room, and assist the Director of Education.
- Curatorial: Work with the Curator to identify, catalog, and inventory objects in our archives and collections.
- Marketing & Distribution: Assist with production and delivery of printed marketing material.
- Community Involvement: Promote the museum and its programs at community events.
- Exhibition: Help load exhibits in and out during transition periods.
- Other: Got special skills or expertise? Let’s talk about how to use them!
- Free admission to MOI anytime
- Opportunities to earn extra tickets for family and friends
- 10% off all merchandise in the museum store
- Invitations to special events
- Letters of recommendation upon request
- Internship or class credit opportunities
- Inclusion in a vibrant volunteer community
MOI volunteers must be 16 or older, complete an interview, and be willing to pass a background check. Expectations include attending required training and committing to 3-4 hours per week or a special schedule arranged with the Volunteer Coordinator.
For ages 14-17
Check out the Jr. Docent program. The 2022 program runs July 11 – August 15.
Contact Amanda at 208.522.1400 ext. 3009 or email.