Under the Canopy: Animals of the Rainforest
Step into the rainforest
This immersive exhibit introduces visitors to the diverse world of rainforests and some of the fascinating animals that call them home. Learn about rainforest ecology, their importance to the planet, conservation, and meet 20 of the coolest animals that live in the rainforest. This exhibit is produced by Little Ray’s Nature Centres, North America’s largest exotic animal rescue and a proud member of Canada’s Accredited Zoos and Aquariums (CAZA), which abides by a strict code of ethics and the highest international standards for animal care.
Under the Canopy exhibit features fun, interactive experiences with rainforest species, including impromptu animal encounters, daily presentations, and behind-the-scenes VIP encounters. All experiences are facilitated by certified animal handlers from Little Ray’s and our friends at the Idaho Falls Zoo.
DAILY ANIMAL PRESENTATIONS:
Meet multiple rainforest species and learn what makes them special. Seating available, included with admission. Duration: 20-30 minutes.
- Mondays – Saturdays: 11 am, 2 pm, & 4 pm
- Sundays: 2 pm & 4 pm
BEHIND-THE-SCENES ANIMAL ENCOUNTERS:
Go behind the scenes with an animal handler! Use tongs to feed Romeo the sloth (if he’s hungry) from inside his enclosure, and participate in the care of at least one other animal. Must be booked in advance (no later than 1:30pm on desired date) by visiting or calling the ticket counter (208-522-1400) or by using the form below. Duration: 20-30 minutes.
- Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays, and Saturdays: 3pm
- $40/person ($30/person for MOI members) payable at the ticket counter
- Limitations: 6 people max per day, ages 5 and up only
- Please note: Your desired date and/or group size may not be available. After you have submitted the form below, MOI will contact you by phone or email to confirm your appointment or suggest alternative dates.
Behind-the-scenes animal encounter request
Open October 7, 2023, through May 5, 2024
Enhance your experience
Help your learners get the most out of your visit.