Is the museum open?
Yes! The museum is fully open with our new permanent Idaho exhibit, Way Out West, the Marie Putnam Discovery Room, and a pocket exhibit, Layers of a Town: Works by Roy Reynolds.
Can I just walk in?
Yes! There are no capacity limits in Stage 4 of the Idaho Rebounds plan, meaning you're welcome to walk in anytime during open hours.
Are masks required?
In accordance with new CDC guidance dated 7/27/21 for high-transmission areas such as Bonneville County, we are encouraging all visitors age 4 and up to wear masks in the museum, regardless of vaccination status. Complimentary masks are available at the front desk. We are grateful for your help in keeping all of our visitors, staff, and volunteers safe.
School groups will be asked to follow the mask policies of their individual schools while visiting the museum.
What additional health and safety precautions is the museum taking?
The museum has undertaken a massive effort to help fight the spread of COVID-19, including:
- instituting timed ticketing to regulate attendance numbers during the height of the pandemic
- adding new hand sanitizer stations and sneeze guards
- encouraging physical distancing and mask usage
- hiring a new full-time custodian to implement a new cleaning/disinfection protocol
- requiring training, assessments, and daily screenings for all staff and volunteers working on site
- facilitating flexible worksites and schedules for staff during the height of the pandemic
What is the new special exhibit schedule?
A pocket exhibit, Layers of a Town: Works by Roy Reynolds is open now through February 13, 2022. Large new exhibits opening in 2022 include Genghis Khan: Culture & Conquest, opening January 22, and Toytopia, opening September 30.
Is the Discovery Room open?
Yes, the Marie Putnam Discovery Room is available in 30-minute time slots for one family at a time. Reservations are taken upon arrival at the museum and all are first-come, first-served. Children must be supervised by an adult at all times.
Are educational programs running?
Yes! After a long hiatus, all educational programs are now returning to their normal schedules, with proper COVID-prevention precautions in place.