BOOKING YOUR GROUP
Please fill out the form to request a group/school visit. MOI will contact you to confirm, and will send details regarding bus parking, educational resources, and museum etiquette. Please do not finalize your plans until you have received an e-mail confirmation (this is in addition to the automatic e-mail saying you've applied for a visit).
Note: The Idaho Exhibit is currently closed for renovation and is not available for Field Trips at this time.
What to Expect
- We offer discounts for school and scout groups of any size, and commercial and tour groups of 15 people or more.
- We recommend allocating at least one hour for a school visit or group tour.
- Bus parking is available. Please contact (208) 522-1400 ext. 3009 or e-mail for details
- MOI exhibit galleries are normally staffed by volunteers. Docents in green lanyards are ready to answer your questions.
- We encourage you to download and print the current traveling exhibit gallery guide found HERE.
- If you would like to customize your visit with a special tour or a meeting with MOI staff, please contact the Director of Education at (208) 522-1400 ext. 3002 or via e-mail.
- Tours are available in Mandarin Chinese by appointment. Please contact (208) 522-1400 ext. 3009 or e-mail for scheduling.
- MOI does not offer public dining services (yet!), but is within easy walking distance (0.2 mi) of more than a dozen restaurants.
Note: All field trips come with access to world-class exhibits and hands-on mini lessons taught at our Digging Deeper STEM Stations throughout the Museum.
Thanks to our Student Ticket Initiative, school groups receive a sharply discounted admission rate of $3 per student. This is possible thanks to ticket sales from our annual Haunted History Tours and the following generous grantors:
- City of Ammon
- City of Idaho Falls (Community Partnership Grant)
- Gladys E. Langroise Advised Fund within Idaho Community Foundation
- Idaho Community Foundation
- Idaho Falls Air Show
With our Student Transportation Initiative, educators from outside the Idaho Falls area may apply for grants to alleviate the costs of bus transportation for school field trips. Please contact (208) 522-1400 ext. 3009 or e-mail for more information. This is possible thanks to the following generous grantors:
- Harry W. Morrison Foundation
- Laura Moore Cunningham Foundation
- Walmart Community Grant
- William and Shirley Maeck Family Foundation
Official chaperones must ensure that students follow our outlined Museum Manners during their visit. We ask that school groups provide chaperones based on the following ratios:
- Grades Pre-K to 5: at least 1 chaperone per 6 students
- In order to qualify as a Pre-K program and receive school group pricing, your organization must employ educators who are certified in Early Childhood Education in the State of Idaho.
- If your group is an educational daycare that does not employ Idaho-certified Early Childhood Educators, we can offer you another group discount. Please contact (208)522-1400 ext. 3009 or e-mail for details.
- Grades 6+: at least 1 chaperone per 10 students
Chaperones within these ratios will be admitted to the museum free of charge in exchange for directing student behavior. Groups that do not provide enough chaperones will be charged $15 for each MOI staff member that must be added in order to reach the appropriate ratio.
We encourage homeschool groups to purchase family memberships. For only $100/year, members have unlimited access to the exhibits, members-only events, and program and store discounts. MOI would love to help you make meaningful curriculum connections and foster a culture of learning.
If you are not interested in purchasing a family membership, please contact (208) 522-1400 ext. 3009 or e-mail to inquire about discounted homeschool pricing.
CLICK HERE for our Homeschool Field Trip Policies and Museum Manners.
The rate for scout groups is $5/person, including scouts and up to two leaders. Groups with 15 or more scouts may add a third leader at the discounted $5 rate. To receive the discount, scout groups must book in advance by contacting (208) 522-1400 ext. 3009 or e-mail.
MOI now offers an enhanced field trip experience including hands-on learning and time to explore. For only $1 more per student, this program offers a rotation-based experience, including two STEM lessons based on Idaho state standards, taught by professional educators, and relevant to the current traveling exhibit. We will also create a custom schedule for your visit so each chaperone knows where to go and what to do.
Cost: $4 per student
Note: The enhanced field trip is limited to times when staffing is available and requires at least two weeks notice to schedule.